Child Custody Attorney
Santa Rosa – Petaluma – Ukiah – Lakeport
Santa Rosa Child Custody Attorney
Our team of Santa Rosa child custody attorneys at Beck Law P.C., understand that it is important yet at times difficult to work out child custody arrangements. Our child custody rights lawyers are here to help you with the negotiations and understandings that need to be reached so that you can continue to be there for your child. We cover all aspects of both legal custody and physical custody including litigation, preparation for mediation, joint child custody arrangements, supervised visitation, restraining orders and child support. Our team of child custody rights attorneys use their combined personal experience with divorce matters, years of experience in family court, and knowledge of government agencies such as Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS) when representing our clients both in and out of court. Our goal is to be there for our clients and help them succeed with child custody and child visitation plans that are in the best interests of their children.
Our team of Santa Rosa child custody attorneys are ready to represent you in court, at hearings and trial, and out of court in settlements and disputes. Our lead child custody rights lawyer in Santa Rosa has over thirty years of legal experience with visitation rights and custody issues.
We can assist you with:
- Seeking a Child Custody and/or Child Visitation Rights Order
- Modifying a Child Custody and/or Child Visitation Rights Order
- Mediation regarding Child Custody
- Seeking a Domestic Violence Restraining Order, to protect you and/or your children
- Grandparent Rights
- Arguing against Contempt of Court charges for an alleged violation of a Domestic Violence Restraining Order, in which your former spouse made false allegations regarding your behavior
Our varied degrees of representation and services for Sonoma County child custody clients include:
- Private and confidential consultation so that a party to the case can take steps toward effective self-representation in court or child custody mediation.
- Limited scope representation which is specifically limited to the tasks agreed upon to assist the client with saving money.
- Document preparation assisting clients with organizing and editing child custody-related legal documents
- Full representation in Sonoma County child custody proceedings as Attorney of Record in which we provide representation throughout the entire matter until final judgment or resolution of the case.
Petaluma Child Custody Attorney
With over 30 years of legal experience, a practice division devoted to child custody and family law, and as a father of three children, attorney Daniel Beck not only understands the legal issues surrounding child custody matters, but can also empathize with the personal aspects of child custody. Attorney Beck and his team handle child custody and family law issues throughout Sonoma County, Mendocino County, and Lake County California. Some other child custody issues include grandparent’s rights as well as father’s rights as they pertain to child custody matters.
Determining Child Custody in Sonoma County
Our team of attorneys at Beck Law P.C., are convinced that if a loving and safe environment did not exist in a family for their children prior to the divorce, every effort must be taken to develop a parenting plan which ensures that such an environment will exist after the divorce and or legal separation. Our team of Sonoma County family lawyers treat every child custody matter with this objective in mind and vigorously pursue this goal as we assist our clients in resolving their child custody disputes. Wherever possible, we attempt to do so efficiently and in such a way to minimize the emotional hardships that can arise in such child custody situations.
Child Custody Disputes in Sonoma County
When involved in a child custody disputes, or disagreements the court renders a decision based on the evidence presented, and the standard of what is in the best interest of your child or children. Though the court does prefer and strive to provide both parents with frequent and continuing contact with the children, the court considers several factors which influence the outcome in determining what is in the best interest of the children involved. Some of these factors are as follows:
- Economic Standing: the court will often time grant custody to the parent who can provide their child with a better suitable environment be it quality of neighborhood, as well as other factors.
- Condition of Surroundings: the court will generally attempt to keep the child in the same community, school, environment, etc.
- Parental Reliability: what is the mental, emotional state of the parents? Is the parent reliable and stable? Does the parent suffer from alcohol or drug addiction, physical or mental health issues? Is there a history of criminal behavior or domestic violence in addition to and much more.
- Status Quo: what if any is the nature of an existing custody agreement? Has that custody agreement been previously agreed to in effect and working?
- Siblings: the court commonly attempts to keep brothers and sisters together, but then again, the court usually can’t overlook the fact that at that moment in time, the needs of siblings can differ. Consequently the court does have the power to divide custody between the parents.
- Rapport with the parent
- Rapport with others in the household
- Desires expressed by the child in some cases with older children
Child Custody and Divorce Lawyer
Do you have questions about a child custody situation or any other family law issue in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Ukiah or anywhere else in Sonoma County, Mendocino County or Lake County California? If so, please do not hesitate to contact us to make an appointment for an initial consultation where the particulars of your situation can be discussed.
Child Custody Related Blog Posts by Beck Law P.C.
- Determining Child Custody and Visitation Through Mediation
- Do Mothers Have an Advantage in Custody Disputes?
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Child Custody | Legal Custody, Physical Custody, Joint Custody, Sole Custody and More
- International Child Custody Case Reaches the United States Supreme Court
- Can California Grandparents Adopt their Grandchildren
- The Tom Cruise Case: High Bar to Obtain Sole Custody
- Determining the Best Interest of the Child
- Medical Marijuana and Child Custody Issues
- Can My Smoking Habit Affect My Child Custody Case