Santa Rosa – Petaluma – Ukiah – Lakeport
Santa Rosa Child Custody Attorney
Our Santa Rosa child custody attorneys at Beck Law P.C., understand that it is important yet difficult to work out child custody arrangements. Our child custody rights lawyers are here to help you with the negotiations and understandings that need to be reached so that you can continue to be there for your child. We do it all – from mediation to working out supervised visitation, arguing for more child support or talking about joint custody arrangements. Our child custody rights attorneys use their personal experience with divorce matters, their years of experience in family court, and their knowledge of government agencies such as Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS) to represent you well, in and out of court. Our goal is to be there for you and help you determine and work out arrangements that are in the best interests of your children.
Our Santa Rosa child custody attorneys are ready to represent you in court, at hearings and trial, and out of court in settlements and disputes. Our lead child custody rights lawyer in Santa Rosa has over thirty years of legal experience with visitation rights and custody issues.
We can assist you with:
- Seeking a Child Custody and/or Child Visitation Rights Order
- Modifying a Child Custody and/or Child Visitation Rights Order
- Mediation regarding Child Custody
- Seeking a Domestic Violence Restraining Order, to protect you and/or your children
- Grandparent Rights
- Arguing against Contempt of Court charges for an alleged violation of a Domestic Violence Restraining Order, in which your former spouse made false allegations regarding your behavior
Our services for Sonoma County child custody clients include:
- Consultation: so that you can take steps to represent yourself in court or child custody mediation effectively
- Limited scope representation: making one or more court appearances for you
- Document preparation: assisting with organizing and editing child custody-related legal documents
- Full representation in Sonoma County child custody proceedings
Petaluma Child Custody Attorney
With over 30 years of legal experience, a practice division devoted to child custody and family law, and as a father of three children, attorney Daniel Beck not only understands the legal issues surrounding child custody matters, but can also empathize with the personal aspects of child custody. Attorney Beck and his team handles child custody and family law issues throughout Sonoma County, Mendocino County, and Lake County California. Some other child custody issues include grandparent’s rights as well as father’s rights as they pertain to child custody matters.
Determining Child Custody in Sonoma County
At Beck Law P.C. we are convinced that if a loving and safe environment did not exist in a family for their children prior to the divorce, every effort must be taken to develop a parenting plan which ensures that such an environment will exist after the divorce and or legal separation. Our Sonoma County family lawyers treat every child custody matter with this objective in mind and vigorously pursue this goal as we assist our clients in resolving their child custody disputes. Wherever possible, we attempt to do so efficiently and in such a way to minimize the emotional hardships that can arise in such child custody situations.
Child Custody Disputes in Sonoma County
Child custody disputes, or disagreements if you will are remedied when the court determines, based on the evidence presented, what the court feels to be in the best interest of your child or children. Though the court does attempt to keep both parents active and participating in their child’s life, there are several factors which could influence the outcome as the court determines what is in the best interest of the children involved. In most cases, the court will work to keep both parents involved in a child’s life. However, there can be factors which could have an impact of what the court ends up deciding.
- Economic Standing: the court will often time grant custody to the parent who can provide their child with a better suitable environment be it quality of neighborhood, as well as other factors.
- Condition of Surroundings: the court will generally attempt to keep the child in the same community, school, environment, etc.
- Parental Reliability: what is the mental, emotional state of the parents? Is the parent reliable and stable? Does the parent suffer from addictions, physical or mental health issues? Is there a history of criminal behavior or improper or poor decisions as to what the child is exposed to in the home and much more.
- Status Quo: what if any is the nature of an existing custody agreement? Has that custody agreement been previously agreed to and in effect?
- Siblings: the court commonly attempts to keep brothers and sisters together, but then again, the courts usually can’t overlook the fact that at that moment in time, the needs of siblings can differ and the court does have the power to divide custody between the parents.
- Rapport with the Parent
- Rapport with others in the Household
- Desires expressed by the Child
Child Custody and Divorce Lawyer
Do you have questions about a child custody situation or any other family law issue in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Ukiah or anywhere else in Sonoma County, Mendocino County or Lake County California? If so, please do not hesitate to contact us to make an appointment for a free initial consultation where the particulars of your situation can be discussed.
Child Custody Related Blog Posts by Beck Law P.C.
- Do Mothers Have an Advantage in Custody Disputes?
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Child Custody | Legal Custody, Physical Custody, Joint Custody, Sole Custody and More
- International Child Custody Case Reaches the United States Supreme Court
- Can California Grandparents Adopt their Grandchildren
- The Tom Cruise Case: High Bar to Obtain Sole Custody
- Determining the Best Interest of the Child
- Medical Marijuana and Child Custody Issues
- Can My Smoking Habit Affect My Child Custody Case
Child Custody Attorney – Lawyer Links